Monday, November 17, 2014

Gulf Fritillaries

This Gulf Fritillary pupated on the side of the Butterfly House.

Here she is just starting to emerge.

006cs

007cs

008cs

No matter how many times I watch butterflies emerge I am always amazed.

I think the underside of the wings are even prettier than the outside…

011cs

These 3 pupated in the top of the cage and all 3 emerged within minutes of each other.

009cs

The Passion Flower Vine is their larval plant.

073cs

These are the flowers.

076cs

I’ve got 2 more pots of them started. I hope to put several in the ground in the spring and have them grow around some of the Cabbage Palms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.