Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wild Asters starting to bloom 11.5.14

I noticed that a few of my Asters were starting to bloom. today I saw a few Honey Bees working them.

001cs

The flowers are a pale blue/lavender color with a bright yellow center. My camera does not pick up the beautiful  color.

006cs

They grow wild around here and my neighbor has a big stand of them. Last year he let me dig up some to put around my yard.

010cs

They are growing…these are a few of them. Most are not open yet. I am hoping that they will reseed and continue to expand their area.

014cs

Maybe next year I will have several large stands of them. I like planting “bee food” and especially if it is a wild flower that will come back every year…bigger and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.