Monday, December 15, 2014

Momma Raccoon with her 3 kits 12.15.14

I have a compost pile that has been frequented by a Raccoon every afternoon.

Today I saw these cute little guys…

snapshot_002 2 kidscs

At first I thought it was a set of twins….but as I watched them I realized this was the Momma. She was always on alert for danger.

snapshot_002 Mommacs

Here you can see 2 of the little ones…..Momma is finding something to eat. The third little one is just visible over the top of the kit on the left.

snapshot_003cs

Here is a short video of them feeding. This is the first time I have seen the family. Momma must have been coming in alone until the kits became big enough to join her.

1 comment:

  1. Raccoons have such nice markings.They are bold and interesting creatures.-Great job with capturing the photos and video!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate the time you take to make a comment......If you ask a question, I will try to answer it here.